Myself

Seventeen years have flown past. Here I am, living in New Zealand (a small continent off the coast of Antarctica), and living the life of an ambitious student who wishes for nothing more than to learn, live and love. My drive for knowledge is a drug that I run off. There is never a limit to what a human being can know, and unlike actual drugs, it does not harm you- unless of course you are the Government and it all goes to your head. Philosophy fascinates me, it's a subject of infinite possibilities! Pursuing a career in journalism I've taken a break for two years. After finishing an apprenticeship in mechanic's I plan to continue with writing.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Photography

I have possessed a love for photography since early childhood. Photography gives me the ability to, in a single moment it stop time, there forever to hold. More so than a moving image because the still version leaves something to the imagination, it doesn't yet give you all the answers. Photography is a language that not all people can experience or learn. I grew up living and breathing music and the greatest epiphany of my life was when I realised that I would rather be deaf than blind. I think that I may have some brain structure that makes me prone to experience things more strongly when they are visual however. One might occasionally think I grew up in a cave or something, I often just stop in my tracks in awe of the way the light hits something, as silly as that may sound. I've always had this characteristic and I am thankful for it, because it is, in a way, as if I have been practicing photography for my entire life, before I even picked up a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment